Polish Christmas Ring!

Posted by Jimmy | Posted in , , , | Posted on 11:10 AM

Growing up in NY I got to live in many different places.  One of the places I found myself living (Before I moved to California) was in Melville, NY.  I stayed with the pastor of my church  Pastor Alan and Laurie Warren.  It really was an amazing time as I learned a lot from them.  Not as much as I should have but I still learned.

One of the traditions that the Warrens liked to do was making Polish Christmas Rings.  The week before Christmas Pastor Al would prepare the dough by hand and roll up the Christmas rings to share with close friends and family around him.  It was always a treat to be able to share in a family tradition.  He's been making it for 35 years and the recipe has been passed down and shared from generations.

This year I desired to share in the tradition and since they consider me an "adopted" son, they were happy to share the recipe with me.  Sorry guys I'm not allowed to publicly post the recipe.  I will tell you that it's a pastry dough made with sour cream filled with brown sugar and nuts and topped with a cream cheese frosting.  It is delicious and this is the season to be sharing and giving.  Fresh baked goods make great holiday gifts and is always appreciated. 

What are some of your family traditions?  Have you blessed anyone with your gift of baking?  I'd love to hear any of your stories!

Acts 20:35

New International Version (NIV)
35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

Stay Cooking!
-Jimmy

Comments (2)

Your blog makes me hungry XD

=) That's a good thing!

Post a Comment