Practice Makes Perfect.

Posted by Jimmy | | Posted on 4:58 PM

It was gorgeous weather in the morning at Boundary Oak For our Tee time.  70 degrees with the sun shining high in the sky.  Unfortunately my golf game didn't start off as good as the weather did.  My day of golf started as I predicted,  I scored triple bogey (Three over par) on the first hole.  OUCH!  I had a case of the rights for the first 6 holes coupled by a few unlucky bounces.  I even got a birdie (one shot under par) on the 7th but still ended up with a 47 on the front nine.

Now I've been trying to go to the range during my lunch break to hit balls.  And my tendancy, as of late, has been shanking the ball to the right.  Especially on my short game but I'm not about to let a few bad holes ruin my day of golf!  On the back nine I turned around and got 2 birdies and a par for a 41.  My total for the day was 88 my best round this year as I've been struggling in the high 90's .  Keeping in mind all the practicing i've been doing, I hit the ball straighter on most the holes and I even chipped in for a birdie on the last hole!  What a way to finish the day!  Check out my scorecard  here.

Last thing.  I found a great golf giveaway from Srixon.  Buy a pack of balls and enter your UPC code at this website.  If Graeme McDowell wins the masters, you will win golf balls from Srixon for a year.   If he doesn't win, 10 winners will be randomly selected for a years worth of balls anyways.  What do you have to lose?  Good luck to all who enter and happy golfing!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment